Why should you spend time on designing, creating and maintaining a beautiful garden?
- It adds value to your home and sets your home apart from others in the mind of potential buyers.
- It encourages free physical exercise in the warm sunshine, providing your body with vitamin D and calming your mind.
- Gardening is a great way to get to know your neighbours, and yet also provides privacy and a barrier to noise, dust & traffic.
- Growing and harvesting your own food will add quality to your meals, reduce food expense and distance that your fruit and vegetables travel to your plate, reduce your intake of Genetically Modified Organisms, pesticides/ herbicides and storage-enhancing chemicals invisible on standard supermarket produce.
- Freshly picked fruit & tomatoes taste superior to shop-bought, they teach children the wonder of nature, and instill a sense of joy in discovering new and unusual tastes.
- A well-designed garden cools your house in summer and lets light through in winter, and it creates a safe haven
for insects, bees, butterflies, frogs + birds, as well as other native animals.
- It slows and filters rainwater that would otherwise rush off the paving and away into drainage pipes.